The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The incumbent will plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes to enhance performance, ensuring safety for personnel and equipment.
- Incumbent will be responsible for supervising the recruitment of personnel and allocation of responsibilities and office space for staff across the zones, ECEWS HQ office and Abuja office.
- Incumbent will assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency of administrative processes.
- Incumbent will maintain smooth and adequate flow of information within the company, clients and partners to facilitate robust business operations.
- Incumbent will manage schedules and deadlines, monitor inventory of office equipment and sensitive items and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Incumbent will monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation, supervise facilities servicing and maintenance activities, organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Incumbent will ensure operations adhere to relevant government policies, donors’ guidelines and frameworks.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- At least 8 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 3 years of which must be at a senior management level within an international NGO or agency
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including the CDC, USAID, DFID, and others
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a management role especially in USG Fund programs or equivalent
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Successful experience leading or authoring proposals and research papers
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with MS packages
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” through: [email protected] using Your Full Name, Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.