Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos and Niger with over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anaesthetic Technician
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Anesthetic Technician reports to the Anesthetist/Hospital Matron, and is charged with setting up anesthesia equipment and preparing medications for surgical operations, as well as test and maintain anesthesia supplies, sterilize re-usable equipment and participate as the primary assistant to the Anesthetist and members of the surgical team as needed.
- The incumbent activities shall include but is not limited to, stock and prepare anesthesia supplies for procedures, monitor patients before, during, and after anesthesia, confer with anesthetist to determine the type, amount, and method of anesthetic to give patients, monitor patient health condition through the administration of anesthesia.
- Work alongside the anaesthetist to educate patients about anaesthesia processes.
- Prepare and supply anaesthesia medications for procedures.
- Taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation from anaesthetist if complications occur.
- Administer the correct dosage of anaesthesia medication to patient with the supervision of the anaesthetist.
- Monitoring vital signs of patient during surgery and adjusting anaesthetics as needed.
- Assess patient’s conditions through analysis of medical history.
- Monitor the efficiency of the anaesthesia equipment and stocks of anaesthesia
- Evaluate patient reactions or offset adverse during and after procedures.
- Maintain patient comfort before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Provide assistance to other members of the surgical team to deliver and facilitate excellent patient care.
- Adhere to all clinical procedures with relevance to primary assignment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Diploma in Anaesthetic Technology
- SSCE or equivalent with a minimum of credit in English language.
- 2 years’ full-time work experience as a Anaesthetic Technician
- Physically fit for lifting, pushing, etc
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect patient confidentiality
- Emotional Resilience
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to follow instructions and work to tight time constraints
- Flexible approach to work
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and procedures
- Patient and Emotional resilience
- Ability to work quickly but calmly in emergencies
- Good Team working spirit
- Friendly and Helpful
- Health and Safety awareness
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Deadline: 10th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.