MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor – Financial Assurance, Internal Audit and Fraud Management
Job Identification: 1676
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Financial Assurance
Division: Internal Audit and Forensic Services
- Prepare and conduct work programs for assigned audits assignments.
- Document work done in the form of work papers in accordance with Internal Audit and Forensic Services audit methodologies
- Research and analyse financial statements and records, operational reports, audit client’s PPPs, and audit-related issues as well as assist the Manager: Financial Assurance in the development of the audit work plan.
- Draft audit reports to be reviewed by Manager Financial Assurance and prepare final reports for distribution.
- Collect process-related data and statistics from process owners, to determine the effectiveness and quality of MTNN services and determine required changes in the processes and practices necessary to provide optimum service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Use of analytical tools to test compliance with operational, financial, and statutory regulations as well as internal controls.
- Adherence to Internal Audit and Forensic Services audit methodologies and IIA (Institute of Internal Audit) standards.
- Sustain the development of corrective actions and countermeasures ensuring compliance with PPPs as well as internal and financial controls
- Periodic follow-up on audit recommendations to determine successful implementation of counter measures and corrective actions.
- Identify the root cause of business process problems and assist in developing the business case for change, benchmarking and carrying out surveys relating to process operations and improvement.
- Identify areas of opportunity for cost and financial optimisation
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own
- First Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification – ACA, ACCA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Additional qualifications CFE, CISA or CIMA would be an added advantage.
- 3 – 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation which includes
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on operational experience in an area of specialisation (especially financial audit)
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- Telecom experience or previous work experience with auditing firms
Deadline: 10th November, 2022 (11:59 PM).