LumiQualis is a Growing Software Development Company. Every company has a story and LumiQualis is no exception. Our founders share a common belief in quality, honesty, and transparency. Who we are as people is who we are as a company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seeks Backend Developers whose responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team. Ultimately, you’ll build highly responsive web applications that align with our business needs.
- You will also be accountable for managing team members, implementing parts of the architecture using best practices, working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and implementation plans.
- This will include designing technical solutions, coding solutions, performing unit testing, conducting code and design reviews, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one or many parts of our systems.
We want you to:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work with Java, Golang, NodeJS, Python & PHP. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Write effective, scalable code
- Experience and a big passion for API design, scalability, performance and end-to-end ownership
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
- +4 years of work experience as a backend developer
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- We need you have experience with at least 3 of the following backend languages: NodeJS, Python, PHP, Java or Golang
- Expertise in at least one popular backend framework (like Django, Flask, Laravel, ExpressJS)
- Understanding of relational & non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, DigitalOcean, and REST API
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (like React, Vue, Angular)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience designing and working with backend rest APIs
- Ability to write clean, testable, well-documented code
- Team spirit
- English fluency, verbal and written
- Personality traits: problem solver, proactive, highly attentive to detail.
- Experience the opportunity to work with a globally diverse team on a variety of interesting and challenging projects in multiple industries
- A culture dedicated to work-life balance, with a requirement for all full-time employees to take a minimum of 2 weeks of paid time off and 15 paid holidays per year
- The opportunity to work 100% remotely, with up to $1,500 provided as a technology stipend to eligible employees
- Employee-centric organization that values employee growth and development; 5 paid hours per week provided to focus on developing new concepts, learning new technologies, or just researching different frameworks and techniques
- In-house LQ Play and LQ Incubator program that gives employees the opportunity to not only learn and develop, but to also “pitch” ideas to senior leaders
- A handpicked team of professionals that are committed to their craft and dedicated to creating a culture of openness, transparency, and quality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Resumes used to apply for this role must be submitted in English for consideration
- Equality and diversity are part of our Care for All core value. It’s everyone’s job to ensure that we create an open, caring and inclusive workplace for everyone qualified and motivated to help us provide outstanding services to our clients.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. That means that we support diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.