United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Boat Captain
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Assess reported defects and damage to boat, and take appropriate action.
- Control adjustment of sail, stability and stress of ship.
- Develop emergency and damage control plans, and handle emergency situations.
- Establish watch-keeping arrangements and procedures.
- Forecast weather and oceanographic conditions.
- Lead and manage the ship’s crew.
- Maintain communications with relevant coastal states as per navigational passage.
- Manage carriage of dangerous goods.
- Maneuver and handle a ship in all conditions.
- Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements and measures.
- Operate remote controls of propulsion plant and engineering systems and services.
- Organize and manage the provisions of medical care on board ships.
- Plan a voyage and conduct navigation.
- Coordinate search and rescue operations.
- Plan and ensure safe loading, stowage, securing and care during the voyage and unloading of cargoes.
- Respond to navigational emergencies.
- The boat captain will implement and enforce applicable state, federal, rules and regulations regarding boat operations.
- Possess minimum qualification relevant to the position.
- Relevant offshore experience.
Deadline: 20th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.