Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Driver (Light Mobile Vehicle)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – HR
- Ensure the safe movement of assigned human and material assets of the company from any point to the required destinations.
- Ensure the safe care and maintenance of any vehicular asset assigned to him, and ensure that adequate maintenance report and kept on the technical conditions of the vehicle.
- Ensure timely escalation of all situations around the driving duties concerned with the human and material elements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all assigned vehicle in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on Vehicle.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on vehicle and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure routine maintenance of LMV.
- Recommend any requirements for maintenance or repairs to the Fleet Officer.
- Practice workplace safety.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned officer from time to time.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalent. E.g. Trade Test, City & Guilds.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Light Motor Vehicles
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of road safety rules and signs
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- A class D valid driver’s license and Proven experience as a Driver.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
- A polite and professional disposition.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance duties on the vehicle / Car.
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods in the country.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50).
- A clean driving record.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Pension Plan
- Performance Bonus