Jope Energy Company Limited has been and remains committed to the basic philosophy of efficient service delivery. With the development of our foreign & local procurement policy, we also do major trucking, and logistics support to any destination within Nigeria Jope Energy has developed into a fully-fledged industry leader in Nigeria. Our Code of Conduct speaks to the best of who we are and is integral to our continuing efforts to build the character of our workforce and our company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Decentralized Purchasing Services Personnel
Location: Lagos and Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
Services to be performed by the Contractor shall include the following, but without limitation:
- Creation of Purchase Requests in SAP.
- Preparation of commitment for His / Her Entity below 50KUSD.
- Ensuring an appropriate and transparent competition among at least three (3) Company registered vendors by running a Call for Tender (CFT) process prior to awarding a Purchase Order. This involves preparing the commercial, technical, and other documents for a CFT.
- Receiving and opening the tenders in strict compliance with the provision of decentralized purchasing procedure.
- Initiate and follow-up waiver validation if derogation for a Call for Tender is the only way to commit.
- Negotiate before issuing all Purchase Orders for services with value not exceeding USD 50,000.
- Create Call off Orders based on requests related to existing Contracts in UNISUP.
- Ensure that the Services Entry Sheet (which translates to the Job Progress Certificate – JPC) is accurately and
- timely created in UNISUP to allow Vendors submit their invoices for prompt payment.
- Ensure that the PO is duly signed by the authorized person in Company and the Vendor representative prior to starting the service or work.
- Identify routine or frequent Services within the entity and propose their coverage with an Outline Agreement for possible future Call-Off contracts.
- Prepare the contract award recommendation in accordance with decentralized purchasing procedure.
- Ensure that all contractual documentation is properly filed, archived, and uploaded to the PO in UNISUP for reference and audit purposes.
- Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions, and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution.
- Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of H3SE plans
- Promote safety culture within Company by reporting of anomalies
Services Personnel Profile
- Minimum Qualification: BSc. in Engineering / Management / Social Science.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in contract and purchasing.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations
- Candidate’s ability to learn & be trained quickly on SAP/R3, SAP reporting tool and e-sourcing tool will be an added advantage.
- Requires a very good interpersonal relationship, conviviality, capacity of anticipation, analysis, and synthesis.
Deadline: 7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.