Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Door Attendant
Job Number: 22174160
Location: Protea Hotel Benin City Select Emotan, 4 Central Road, Benin City, Edo
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Non-Management
- Greet and escort guests to rooms.
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage.
- Supply guests with directions.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.