Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT-Abuja).
CBM International in collaboration with its implementing partners (GREENCODE) will implement the BMZ-Transitional Development Aid funded Project in Borno State, towards strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in selected communities in Bama, Jere and Konduga LGA’s, with focus on three complementary and interlinked components in the areas of Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Protection and Peaceful coexistence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver (Project Support)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- To provide support to sound administrative, office, and logistics support to the Maiduguri office in line with the policies of GREENCODE.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to warehouse management, inventory/asset management, line managing GREENCODE drivers, coordinating all land travels, and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
- Safe, efficient, timely and well-coordinated transportation of staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
- Safe, efficient and timely transportation of goods to required points as directed
- Ensure that GREENCODE assets are safeguarded in the vehicle at all the time
- Maintain an updated vehicle log book that keeps track of vehicle usage
- Provide timely and efficient execution of office errands for the smooth operation of project communications and logistics
- Maintain, in all circumstances the highest level of conduct on the road as well as drive with due care at all times and with consideration for other road users and pedestrians.
- Ensure a well-maintained (and clean) vehicle to avoid breakdowns and ensure the comfort of the passengers
- Ensure that the vehicle is well equipped with a valid first aid kit, working safety belts, fire extinguisher, valid local licenses and inspection certificates, etc.
- Refuel the vehicle using an approved fuel voucher/fuel card and keep an updated vehicle log sheet
- Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked at the designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm
- Immediate reporting of accidents involving GREENCODE vehicles to the immediate supervisor
- Comply with transport and other corporate policies to ensure efficiency and harmony with other departments/government.
- Maintain valid driving license and produce when required
- Promotes and abides by GREENCODE policies and procedures including but not limited to: Travel, Security and Safety policy, safe guarding and protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- And perform any other task assigned.
- Proven experience working in similar role with knowledge of road network
- 2 – 5 years work experience.
- Driving Trade Test Certificate, SSCE or OND certificate
- Good knowledge of traffic signs.
- Good technical skills in vehicle management
- Ability to work in a team.
Deadline: 12th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and request for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and ready to travel to field locations.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Equal opportunities are given to all applicants.