Wells International School (WIS) is a well-known place for excellence and academic growth, sporting, and community achievements which places us among the top schools in Nigeria. We are an enriching educational service provider which brings the best potential in students through nurturing children whilst instilling knowledge through the use of technologically advanced learning environment that is designed to deliver a comprehensive and innovative curriculum.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fine Art Teacher
Location: Eket, Akwa Ibom
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students’ learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Assigning and grading projects and examinations.
- Recording and reporting on students’ progress.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Attending faculty and parent-teacher meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an art teacher.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to supervise group work.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supportive, flexible disposition.
- Available to work during evenings, on occasion.
Deadline: 12th November, 2022.