Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: General Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The General Manager reports to the Managing Director. He or She will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the operations of the company and ensuring all goals are met based on the company’s strategic plans.
- Providing managerial leadership for the entire organization, set short term goals and ensure that all departments meet their goals.
- Providing a professional interface with our clients current and potential. Also, will direct line management of Assistant General Managers, working with organisational leaders to ensure that all departments run as efficiently as possible, and that the organisation meets its goals.
- Providing reports to the Managing Director and must be fully committed to supporting the core business objectives of the company, whilst obtaining value for money for the organization; ensuring that the company is profitable.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of the company’s daily finances. Review the advice, suggestions and reports from the AGMs and organisational leaders before making decisions.
- Manage update and revise plans to increase the company’s profitability and progress.
- Responsible for Creating and maintaining relationships with the community and industry leaders, contemporaries, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for Identifying partnerships, investment opportunities, and review and advise on contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of operations, personnel matters, liabilities, implications, and exemptions.
- Responsible for providing advice on the strategic direction for the company.
- Responsible for providing supervision and direction to staff and coordinate workflows across the company.
- Contribute to the design of policies and procedures in accordance with company’s requirements.
- Prepare Management Reports such as Operations and Marketing Reports.
- Perform conflict resolution, crisis management and enforce discipline across the company.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the annual budget for the entire company.
- Manage all company assets.
- Represent the company at functions or meetings.
- Facilitate the Performance Management process for all staff.
- Ensure information security and confidentiality, from self and subordinates.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Responsible for Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential clients and exploring opportunities.
- Assess potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, financial evaluating options and resolving internal priorities.
- Responsible for developing, negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potential, estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Responsible for closing new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Keep abreast that resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and those priorities are always adequately covered.
- Ensure budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
- Ensure all training needs is identified and processed promptly and is undertaken at the appropriate time, following prudent planning.
- Monitor performance appraisals, interim and main reviews are undertaken within the set timescale.
- Manage all requests for annual and flexi leave are managed and controlled, and there is always an adequate cover to maintain services.
- Ensure performance and attendance issues are addressed at the correct time, in accordance with the organisation policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast that all security operatives working in the field have use of an up-to-date Security Operations Manual to cover duties, use of security equipment, dress standard training etc.
- Ensure that there are rosters appropriate for and taking account of the separate locations and security duties, and to ensure that there is appropriate liaison with Personnel regarding implementation.
- To assist the GM/President in implementing security as a core business function to be adopted by the whole company, keeping physical security measures under constant review to ensure that they are adequate to meet current threats to business, evaluate changes, showing advantages and disadvantages, costs etc.
- Oversee the physical security division as it undertakes various tasks in accordance with the mandatory requirements of the security policy framework document, security risk assessments and compiling security reports.
- Represent the physical security division on any relevant project workgroups and project boards.
- Responsible for drawing up the annual physical security division budget and participate in the review of budget performance.
- Manage effectively and control the budget and provide accurate information to the Managing director or the Board when required.
- Prepare business cases in support of expenditure when required.
- Participate in the role of Incident Manager during incidents and emergencies.
- Contribute to ensuring that all business recovery or contingency plans and procedures are always kept up to date.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of training on disasters is provided for all division staff; including fire and other procedures; use of technical equipment and routine security duties. Ensure that knowledge is tested several times a year.
- Maintain the physical security divisions training plans including the regular testing of staff member’s knowledge of procedures.
- Minimum of eight 8 years’ business development and operations experience in a similar role or in a related industry with transferable skills. A Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- Good IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages and knowledge of electronic security systems.
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Deadline: 2nd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.