Media Trust Limited, owners of Daily Trust, Aminiya and Trust TV, is one of the leading players in the Nigerian media industry. We reach millions of people through our print, TV and digital platforms.
We are recruiting a talented multimedia and bi-lingual team leader to head our Hausa section (Aminiya print and digital) in the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of Hausa Service
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: GED Digital and Editorial
- As a senior team leader reporting to the Group Executive Director, Digital and Editorial, you will be tasked with the responsibility of transforming our Hausa section into a full-fledge multimedia service and ensure that our editorial standards are maintained across print and digital platforms.
- This will involve working with the existing structure and setting up a vibrant, digitally focused team that will be developing and creating content that meets the needs of audiences in Nigeria and Africa, on digital, print, video and audio platforms.
Competencies and Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve high quality standards of Media Trust journalism and professional ethics.
- Develop a vision with a detailed short, medium and long-term plan which will lead to full implementation and realisation of the end goal.
- Explore potentials for expansion through creative programming and partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct research on best practices and models based on data to inform content creation and publication teams.
- Identify and develop a strategy for reaching young and underserved audience not only in Nigeria, but across the Hausa-speaking world.
- Ability to make sound and quick editorial judgement, manage emotions and lead others to find a way out when under pressure or working with tight deadline.
- Develop new creative ways of audience and revenue growth and ensure value for money in all new and existing investments.
- Set team and individual objectives, build morale, measure and address performance issues quickly and fairly.
- Ensure collaboration, judicial use of resources within the wider newsroom and the organization in general.
- Serve as a change agent by ensuring that best practices are clearly communicated and shared among teams.
- Ability to effectively contribute to the overall Media Trust strategy and to function as a member of the editorial management team.
The Ideal Candidate
- The person must be fluent in written and spoken Hausa and English languages, with a deep understanding of the Nigerian media market, digital trends and proven newsroom leadership experience.
- The person should also have experience in content distribution strategy, analyzing trends and data sets, managing budgets, and communicating with senior editorial leadership.