Work Better Africa is a workforce development and workplace transformation company that stimulates effective collaboration between employers and employees to build profitable and sustainable businesses. We empower the workforce to attain high-level Productivity, Peak Performance and become Profit oriented through our bespoke training and development programmes. Our services include: Recruiting, Training, Coaching, Business Consulting and Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Human Resources Assistant, you will work under the general guidance of the Hotel HR Manager and be responsible for supporting the HR team in their day-to-day operation.
- Coordinate the administrative support to the Human Resources team in accordance with the Hotel’s standards and procedures and to ensure that staffing needs are met in a timely manner, from placing ads to interviewing and hiring.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiling payroll / Absence data.
- Coordinating HR Dashboard / Statistics.
- Assist and resolve hotel staff and management queries.
- Updating salary and benefits information.
- Developing job descriptions, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates, and preparing personal files of colleagues.
- Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to service excellence.
- Responsible for the on-the-job orientation for new hires.
- Manage HR administration such as starters and leavers process.
- Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinarians, grievances and capability.
- Ensure the recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
- Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
- Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of Status Requests and other amendments as required that are for HRD Approval.
- Analyse staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
- Assists the HR manager in Budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all Budgeted Positions and hiring approvals.
- Establish and maintain a group of contacts with Hospitality Colleges to setup a system for entry-level employment.
- Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and Labour laws.
- Provide staff counselling, guidance, career planning, and oversee disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any Grievance Complaints made as required.
- Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements including inductions, work experience, careers fairs, and training materials.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times and provides information only to those with a need to know.
- To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work Act and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or another related field.
- Relevant Certifications in HR field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Hotel in the same/similar field.
- Confidence in working independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Effective written and oral communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.