Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running an ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including four in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and one in Katsina City (KofarMarusa).
- Executing the maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency.
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- When needed, liaise with the Information Systems (IS) Specialist and/or HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated.
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users.
- Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines.
- Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families.
- Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process.
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Essential Diploma and formal technical training. Certifications in the domain would be an asset.
- Desirable: 1 – 2 years in MSF Logistics Department,
- Essential: Previous experience in IT or technical functions.
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulani (Speak) required.
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications(Office365 / Microsoft 365)
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and maintenance processes, network theory and their respective protocols, main email systems, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding in Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concepts (HF, VHF, GSM, Satellite)
- Teaching and supporting skills.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Participles
- Stress Management.
- 208 working hours per month and flexibility is required.
According to MSF France salary grid.
Deadline: 10th November, 2022 (5:00pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.