The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer, SharePoint Engineer
Reference ID: R2396
Employment Type: Full Time
- The SharePoint Engineer is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing IT Support to users across MSH (Management Sciences for Health) globally.
- Leveraging their expertise in SharePoint, this role is expected to create and manage the SharePoint sites of different clients across the organization and to provide solutions to site administration issues. In addition, the role will include advising and recommending on the best SharePoint solutions based on the requirements.
- Manages SharePoint Tenant across the organization to ensure all SharePoint sites are being monitored and maintained.
- Administers SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and Power Platform.
- Documents and manages organization-wide policies for SharePoint administration
- Analyzes and reviews SharePoint metrics to ensure optimal performance and health
- Maintains a list of SharePoint sites, their owners, and policies
- Holds a quarterly communication with site owners regarding guidelines, quality, and policies
- Provides monthly updates on new features and functionality that can be used throughout MSH
- Maintains regular communication through the intranet, Yammer, and Friday Focus on SharePoint news and training events
- Provides technical support and guidance to the IT department and across the organization regarding Microsoft 365 and other business productivity technologies
- Identifies, recommends, designs, and implements new technologies within M365, or improvements to existing systems.
- Provides support for SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, and related technologies to IT and other functional teams, Power Users, Change Champions, and general users.
- Collaborates with MSH’s IT and Business Unit Teams regarding implementing Office365. Gathers requirements to determine technology solutions for business challenges and problems.
- Engages SharePoint site users actively for training and to respond to feedback and questions.
- Provides support for site creation and site maintenance daily.
- Monitors Office 365 message center and roadmaps for changes affecting the organization and provides communication and adoption resources.
Guidelines, Standards, and Processes (25%):
- Designs, develops, and manages SharePoint sites by defining and documenting guidelines, standards, and processes
- Defines the archiving process for shutting down sites
- Provides training for SharePoint end users and site owners as needed
- Respond to technical queries as needed
Technical Support (25%):
- Creates SharePoint sites and troubleshoot issues for Site Owners and users
- Provides recommendations on best practices for organizing, sharing and managing SharePoint sites
- Manage access, permissions, and policies for SharePoint sites
- Participates in IS and MSH meetings to provide regular status updates and keep up to date with organization and other group activities.
- Participate in mandatory Performance Development Cycle and complete annual course
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 6 or more years of experience in Microsoft 365 experience required, including SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Forms, Lists, OneDrive for Business, and Power Platform.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams use, configuration, and administration.
- Demonstrate ability to create and Administer Power Automate and Power App solutions.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex issues, find the root cause of the problem and consider a wide range of alternatives before acting.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong technical aptitude and stays on top of recent technology and industry trends.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to provide training, virtual and in-person, and guidance on recommended practices for using and supporting Microsoft 365 services.
- Understanding of risk analysis and security considerations
- ShareGate and SharePoint Online Management Shell (PowerShell) experience a plus.
- 10% travel may be required.