GardaWorld is one of the largest privately owned integrated physical security, cash management and risk management companies in the world. Our services are important to our clients, as they rely on us to keep them and their environments safe. We offer peace of mind for our clients who operate in a complex world, by providing a wide range of industry-leading security services, delivered by experienced and knowledgeable experts. Through our comprehensive security solutions, we help protect businesses, employees, communities and assets and make the world a safer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business Unit: Security Services
Career Area: Operations and Administration
- The IT Support Manager is responsible for performing end user and help desk support, ICT system users support, and providing operational support to Company’s core IT operations in line with ICT policies and procedures.
- Install and configure computer and mobile systems following GardaWorld IT policies and procedures
- Use of the GW IT ticketing system to process, prioritize and assign requests from internal customers
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults and rectify problems relating to the malfunction of IT equipment including software in different situations and in most cases remotely
- Respond and take ownership of IT tickets in a timely manner to ensure minimum disruption
- Respond to calls in shortest time, escalate calls as required both internally and with key support vendors
- Analyse tickets to spot trends and underlying issues
- Support training and maintenance of all computer systems used throughout Garda World. This includes providing one on one user training when requested
- Perform day-to-day network and active administrative duties like conducting System Backups – Servers / Desktops / Laptops
- Provide technical support to hardware and software for Servers, Desktops, Laptops, printers and photocopiers.
- Support Microsoft products such as Office, Operating Systems, Server Systems and the E-mail Systems; and
- Create and manage the company user accounts and induct users to the IT network.
- Available for 24/7 remote support (rotating)
- Deliver IT projects with the approval of the Regional IT Support Manager and Regional Director, within project guidelines
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- User support within the set turnaround time
- First level support to all IT hardware and software issues
- Efficient IT systems with minimal downtime
- Efficient help desk support services
- As per GARDA WORLD authority matrix
- IT Support role is accountable to the Regional IT Support Manager, for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Team: IT Support team – SS Middle East & Africa
- Reporting to: Regional IT Support Manager & Regional Operations Manager, Nigeria
Contact and Cooperation
- Internally: Main cooperation with the Regional IT Support Manager, all computer users at Garda World.
- Externally: IT Consultants, IT Suppliers, Professional Associations, and Technology Stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in IT or related field, from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT support role supporting Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- International Exposure and working with regional and global teams
- Training in productivity tools within Microsoft Office
- Certification in Servers, Networks, Hardware, ITIL will be an added advantage
- Planning, coordination, work monitoring and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to outline and communicate effective objectives and action plans.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers.
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with good analytical ability
- Good management of priorities and ability to work in a team
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills; and
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent communication and customer orientation
- Good ability to analyze and solve IT problems
- Windows 7, 8 and 10 environments;
- Office 365 messaging;
- Active Directory and Group Policy (GPO);
- IP network (basic);
- ITIL concepts;
- TeamViewer and VNC.