Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Technician (Service Desk) – Local (within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Team Lead, IT Operations
Indirect reports To: CIO
- We are looking for a competent IT Technician (Service Desk) to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems.
- You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
- As an IT Technician (Service Desk) must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
- He or She must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
- Must have On-hand experience on basic IT Devices/ Equipment
- The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures
Critical Success Factors
- Articulate and resolve all IT-related issues raised in an efficient and timely manner within stipulated SLA and KPIs.
- Have a high Emotional Intelligence to handle difficult internal user IT related Issues
- User satisfaction must be maintained
- B.Sc in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any relevant field
- 2- 3 years as an IT Technician (Service desk).
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Relevant experience and knowledge of MS Office, Terminal Operating Systems, Gate Operating Systems, Vehicle Booking Systems, Database management, and ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of the shipping industry and Port Terminal business.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure with the constant change of priorities.
- Ability to work with a team and make good decisions with minimal supervision.