Babban Gona is an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona, was created to attract youth to agriculture specifically and away from the looming instability of extremist groups. We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Talent Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head, People & Admin Services
Industry: Human Resources
- The holder of this position will oversee the overall talent acquisition strategy of the company which includes but not limited to recruitment, employee onboarding and offboarding, employee relations, exit interviews, etc.
- Create a recruitment plan and calendar according to workforce planning needs.
- Develop recruitment strategies to ensure a strong pipeline of internal and external candidates across all levels and units.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of organizational needs.
- Implement an efficient talent acquisition strategy to improve recruitment and business performance.
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, administer assessments, etc.)
- Understand workforce planning and resource forecasting.
- Develop effective strategies for identifying skills gaps within the workforce.
- Understand the current recruitment trends in the industry and market to identify its impact upon the Company’s mission and objectives.
- Monitor and report on employee’s turnover rates.
- Develop and implement employee retention programme or strategies.
- Plan, organize and facilitate various talent management activities such as orientation and onboarding sessions for new employee, etc.
- Review employment applications, conduct background and reference checks for all new hires.
- Lead,oversee and supervise members of the recruiting and talent management team.
- Coordinate and implement graduates and students recruiting initiatives.
- Conduct career fairs and deepens relationships with Universities; as well as develop new relationships.
- Manage employee exit processes, including conducting exit interviews and handling exit clearance procedures.
- Plan career pathways and provide information to employees to improve their career.
- Carry out succession plans by working with business leaders to identify and groom employees with great potentials for important positions.
- Effectively manage employees internal unit and location redeployment.
- Provide support to employee’s requests such as NYSC clearance letters, reference letters, verification letters, etc.
- Prepare employment contracts for new hires.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company’s HRIS and employees’ records.
- Support other core HR functions such as payroll administration; performance management, admin services, etc.
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
Experience in Human Resources Role:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- A member of a professional HR membership groups i.e SHRM, CIPM, HRCI, CIPD, etc.
- Prior work experience in a supervisory role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading HR operations, with minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a recruiter or talent acquisition specialist.
- Proficient use of HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- Strong communication skills, business acumen, and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in managing a team with a strong understanding of talent acquisition, management and development.
- Analytical – Display logical reasoning
- Understanding of labour legislations
- Leadership abilities, including complex decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Must be willing to travel to the Northern parts and other locations in which Babban Gona conducts business.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary.
- Health Insurance.
- Performance Bonus.
- Annual paid vacation.
- Group Life Insurance.