Yobe Peace and Community Development Initiative (YOPCODI) is a registered National civil society organization (CSO) working to expand equitable access to quality basic services for vulnerable communities especially by women, children, adolescents and youth in Northeast Nigeria. Our Head Office is located in Damaturu- Yobe state. Our work engaging government and community stakeholders for improved service delivery in humanitarian and development sectors with specific attention to access to healthcare, education, protection livelihoods as well as peace and conflict resolution in a manner that ensures accountability by both demand and supply side actors. We deliver people-centered programs and service through partnerships and collaborations with communities, governments, as well as international humanitarian and development agencies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Damaturu, with travel to field locations – Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- YOPCODI is a Nigerian Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) that envision a society where communities have equitable access to social and economic services.
- YOPCODI works for the sustenance of peace and development in volatile and resettled communities affected by insurgency, with focus on responding to the immediate, short and long-term needs of affected children and women in Northeast Nigeria.
- The M&E Officer is responsible for observing and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that a project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress on achievement of results;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for projects;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to Project Management Team;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-year and annual progress on all project activities;
- Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators;
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- B.Sc or HND in Statistics, Measurement and Evaluation, Education ior related field
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Proven ICT skills especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond positively to critical feedback and different points of view.
Deadline: 6th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit detailed CV and Cover Letter by email to: [email protected] copying [email protected] indicate the position tittle in the subject line of email.
Note: Female candidates with the require qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.