Nigerian side Lobi Stars have ruled out a move for Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo in what appears to be banter, maintaining that the club have not made any contact with the player or his representatives.
The former Real Madrid forward’s contract was terminated by Manchester United earlier in the week after the Portuguese interview with journalist Piers Morgans where he lashed out at Manchester United, Erik Ten Hag, and others.
Aware of the situation, the Makurdi-based side said the 37-year-old the club have no plans to move for Ronaldo.
“Please be informed that #WeAreLobi is yet to make any contact with representatives of #CristianoRonaldo following his release from Manchester United,” the Nigeria Professional Football League said in a tweet on their verified handle late Wednesday. “We wish him the best & #LobiStars will make no further comment on this.”