Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, is a comprehensive public institution established 60 years ago as the University of ife by the Government of the then Western Region of Nigeria. In August 1975, the Federal Government of Nigeria took over the University and in 1987 renamed it after Chief Obafemi Awolowo, a frontline Nigerian Statesman and one of the University’s founding fathers. The University is situated on a vast expanse of 11,350 hectares of land in lle-Ife, Osun State, Southwest of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Professorial Chair
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
- The person appointed shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any area of Applied Mathematics.
- The successful applicant to this position shall be called, “Pastor Enoch Adeboye Outstanding Professor of Mathematics” in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his/her outstanding accomplishment.
A candidate for the position must have:
- Ph.D in Mathematics from a reputable university.
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career as a Professor in Mathematics: demonstrable indicators of research achievement including having high quality scientific publications, at least ten (10) of which are in Thomson Reuters, impact factor journals; and having a successful track record in Ph.D. supervision
- A strong proof of continuing high quality research in Mathematics
- Administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills with proven integrity
- Cutting-edge information technology (IT) essentials and Learned society membership in the Mathematical Science.
- The chair has tenure of two (2) years.
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the “Obafemi Awolowo University Conditions of Service for Senior Staff.
The package includes the following:
- Salary: N5,073,220 – N6,664,214 annually
- Transportation (Assigned car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling Allowance
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing and
- Conference Allowance.
Deadline: 22nd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit three (3) bound copies of publications, soft copy of the publications in PDF format, three (3) sealed referee reports marked “confidential”, and ten (10) copies of detailed application and Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae (CV) should be according to the following format:
- Personal Data:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details including Email Address and Telephone Numbers
- State of Origin
- Senatorial District
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Next of Kin
- Contact details of Next of Kin
- Date of Assumption of Duty
- Rank/Status on first Appointment
- Present Status
- Date of Last Promotion
- Present Salary Grade Level and Step 18. Date of Confirmation of Appointment
- Department or Unit
- Educational Background
- Work Experience with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Professional Accomplishment
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshop attended with dates
- Current Research Activities
- Current Relevant Information
- Contribution to Knowledge
- Names and Addresses of Referees
- Signature and Date.
All Applications should be forwarded to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife, Osun State.