Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to organizational and donor-specific policies.
- Coordinating with finance, Admin, and program department to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors, and full auditable supporting documents.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with the Program officer to process PRs, and raise RFQs, PO’s, and Contracts as per SOPs.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Establishment and maintenance of the ethical professional working relationship with suppliers.
- Maintain list of regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions and ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Management Science or any related field with at least 2 years working experience.
Deadline: 7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- CBI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity as such,
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.