The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor / Associate / Assistant Professor (Computer Science)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Computer Science
Expected Start Date: January 2023
Job Description & Responsibilities
- We are seeking a motivated Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research, and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate will contribute to preparing students to be critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- S/he will work closely with the Chair of the Computer Science Program and the Dean of the School of IT and Computing to deliver effective teaching and learning in line with the program philosophy and the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- In addition to the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate will also mentor students and contribute to the department’s administration and scholarly work by carrying out and disseminating high-quality research.
- The post holder will teach courses including advanced courses related to his or her area of expertise.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline and an established record of excellence in teaching, research, and service; possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with their career stage; have a strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Person Specification (Essential)
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience in teaching Computer Science courses with practicum components at a reputable higher education institution
- An outstanding teaching and research record commensurate with their career stage.
- Experience in developing and delivering a problem-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Publication in relevant peer-reviewed (Scopus-indexed) outlets.
Person Specification (Desirable):
- Experience working in Africa
- Experience in curriculum development
- Record of applying for and obtaining research grants
- Experience in organizing conferences and workshops
- Experience in the American style of higher education.
Deadline: Open until position is filled.