British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Sustainable Agriculture
Seniority Level: Management
Function: Legal and External Affairs
Reports to: General Manager, BATN Foundation
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role is part of the Legal and External Affairs – Corporate Affairs Sub Function.
- The role is responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring of the Sustainable Agriculture projects that exist in Lagos and in the country.
- The Project Manager will go in the field, monitor the progress of the projects, and report the progress to relevant Stakeholders, whilst ensuring that the projects meet their objectives in the set deadlines.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate Sustainable Agriculture projects
- Manage projects with the established budgets and deliverables
- Represent the Organization at national and international meetings and conferences
- Develop and negotiate effective working relationships/consensus with development partners and key stakeholders.
- Prepare, edit and present project reports as needed.
- Assist with the development of sustainable agriculture policy work.
- Assuring quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Recruit collaborators and partners for BATN Foundation-related work/projects.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- An Advanced University Degree in Agriculture or in a related field.
- 6-8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in sustainable agriculture or agri-business development, including project management.
- Experience in the practice and transfer of information on sustainable agriculture is required.
- Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization, implementation, and evaluation, including developing project proposals, in the non-profit, government and private sectors would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, depending on the situation.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with Monitoring/Supervising and Evaluation of projects and collaboration with a highly skilled professional staff
- Must be willing and ready to travel.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.