The Adamu Tafawa Balewa College of Education is a state government higher education institution located in Kangere, Bauchi State, Nigeria. Our mission is to deliver a world class innovative teacher training programmes for service at the basic schools with living experience and courses that have greatest impact on societal Norms and Value, Making teaching and learning fun with the raw resources that surround them.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Bauchi State indigenes to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Kangere, Bauchi
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day Management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the Board policies led down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in-charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructures and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management;
- Responsible for ensuring meeting of Council and its committees are serviced;
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the State Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE), other professional bodies and donor agencies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a centre of Excellence.
- Candidates must possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one NCE programme in the College.
- He/She must be registered and also active member of Professional Association in the field of Education.
- The possession of a Professional Teaching Qualification a minimum of NCE or PGDE, in addition to registration as a Professional Teacher with TRCN are mandatory;
- Must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Must possess a minimum of 15 years post qualification Teaching/Research experience and in addition must have held a seminar teaching/research and top administration as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources;
- Must show evidence of good track records in result oriented research reaching high National and International status in their research, achievements as evidence in scholarly publications;
- Must be a Chief Lecturer or its equivalent with at least 5 years cognate experience;
- Must be of good Conduct and Character, possess sense of discipline dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff and students of the College.
- He/she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests;
- Must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities;
- Must show evidence of Community Service in both local and National Development,
- Must be a person with a vision, a goal getter and one that dan execute strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provost of State College of Education in Nigeria and may be determined by Government policies from time-to-time.
Deadline: 20th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send 20 copies of their Applications Letter with upto-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full name, surname underlined
- Marital status and Number of Children
- Date and place of Birth; Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Number and E-mail Address
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/bodies
- Work experience in chronological order
- Co-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Present employer, status and salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present employer
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
All Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Provost” on the top left-hand corner addressed to:
Adamu Tafawa Balewa College of Education, Kangere,
P.M.B. 0316, Bauchi,
- Candidates are required to ask their referees to send Confidential Reports on them to the same as above before the closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the interview.