Coronation Merchant Bank is a Africa’s premier investment bank, providing innovative solutions to the needs of corporations, governments and other financial services organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliations Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Verify customer information against documentation provided and flag discrepancies based on an understanding of the regulator and entity’s transaction processing requirements.
- Ensure that processes are in place to measure and monitor operational and financial effectiveness.
- Performs and evaluates general reconciliation of transactions
- Carry out Vendor reconciliation/ Supplier reconciliation and address discrepancies. Put in place adequate controls to minimize discrepancies
- Carry out reconciliation of customer accounts to the general ledger balances. Identify irregularities and ensure prompt resolution
- Coordinate reconciliation of all bank accounts, and identify and rectify all variances and exceptions
- Reconcile the payroll accounts to the company’s accounting systems
- Communicates and explains changes to policies, procedures and security measures to relevant operational personnel involved in the process
- Add value by utilizing broad-based regulatory, industry knowledge and awareness of current and past business trends in payments processing
- Interfaces seamlessly with internal and external customers, counterparties and clearing organizations
- Ensure settlement of trades, voluntary and mandatory corporate actions processing, as well as generation & control of wire payments
- Implement strategies to identify and develop new channels while improving existing payment channels
- Analyse trade life cycle of derivatives asset classes including Over the Counter and Exchange Traded Securities.
- Apply knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements, on international trade within the entity’s business area
- Identifies trade and transaction discrepancies that have not been cleared or are unauthorised for escalation
- Identifies the trade finance infrastructures or platforms, finance tools and instruments
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understands various types of channels within relevant financial services industry and accompanying trends
- Knowledge of issues affecting international trade and possess up-to-date knowledge about changes in national and international trade legislation
- Ability to compare the pros and cons of buying and selling investment products through different channels.
- Understanding of the payment systems, key participants, and the settlement process.
- Able to assess client order details
- Aware of trade laws and regulations
- Possess knowledge of clearing and settlement operations and performance
- Personal Skill
- Numerate, thorough, and intelligent.
- Good analytical skill
- Pay attention to details.
- Communication skill. (Written/Oral)
- Ability to convey reconciliation results in clear, brief, and unambiguous terms.
- Ability to think outside the box and methodically
- Possession of at least intermediate knowledge of share registration.
- Computer Literacy.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Deadline: 18th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.