Social Development Direct (SDDirect) is a leading provider of high-quality, innovative social development expertise to civil society, the private sector, multilateral institutions and governments. We work with partners to achieve sustainable impact in gender equality and social inclusion and to advance policies, laws, social norms and institutions that work for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safeguarding Adviser
- This is an exciting opportunity to join an impactful and exciting 7-year education programme. Social Development Direct provide lead technical assistance and cross-programme support for mainstreaming gender equality, social inclusion and safeguarding across PLANE Nigeria.
- The Inception phase of PLANE has already seen the development and approval of the PLANE GESI Strategy and the PLANE Safeguarding Policy & Plan. SDDirect is now looking to expand the GESI and Safeguarding teams as the Programme moves into implementation phase in September 2022.
- SD Direct are looking to recruit a state based Safeguarding advisor based in Jigawa.
- There is potential that the Safeguarding Advisor may occasionally travel to the Programme Head Office in Abuja to co-ordinate with the National GESI Lead and National Safeguarding Lead as needed.
- Have 10+ years of experience of Safeguarding in international development programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of providing technical expertise to education. programmes in Nigeria.
- Experience working in large consortia.
- Experience in a leadership and influencing positions.
- Strong networking, facilitation and capacity building skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong in country networks.
- Consultant should be comfortable liaising with officials at local, LGA and state level.
- Have proven ability to work autonomously to a high level of delivery and Strong co-ordination and management skills.
Deadline: 4th November, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “State Based Safeguarding Advisor – Jigawa – Your Name” as the subject of the mail.
- We will be reviewing these on a rolling basis.
- Please note we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Please let us know if you would require any assistance to attend the interview or complete an assessment.