Jope Energy Company Limited has been and remains committed to the basic philosophy of efficient service delivery. With the development of our foreign & local procurement policy, we also do major trucking, and logistics support to any destination within Nigeria Jope Energy has developed into a fully-fledged industry leader in Nigeria. Our Code of Conduct speaks to the best of who we are and is integral to our continuing efforts to build the character of our workforce and our company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Buyer, Services
Locations: Lagos and Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
- Manage Purchases in the Lab Office assigned through Purchase Requisitions (PR).
- Perform analysis of assigned Purchase requisitions of adequate material specification, budget authorizations and relative cost centers, check if material was bought previously, raise RFQ, and to followup until Purchase Order (PO) creation, including resolving related issues.
- Comply with Company’s Business rules and Ethics.
- Utilize e- sourcing tools to meet up with targets of events set for the section/department/Division.
- Perform price history check on relevant Purchase Orders created, before getting such passed to the Domain Manager for approval.
- Ensure PO files are properly organized to conform to standards and checklist which is attached to each PO files.
- Participate & ensure efficiency of Duets/Triplets system involving Users and Stock Section.
- Ensure all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in compliance with Company Referential, policies
- and procedures, as well as COMPANY Business rules and Ethics, in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims, contraventions or court actions.
- Where applicable to clearly state in PO’s QA/QC requirements (in the form of mill test certificates, MSDS,
- other certificates) for purchased materials/equipment and verifying compliance through proper documentation.
- Pay attention to Company General Terms and Conditions of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Follow PO performance including expediting till delivery point and payment of supplier invoices.
- Report on vendor performance on PO’s evaluation to Company Supervisor for harmonization with Methods and Performance Department.
- Identify and maximize the use of best practices, particularly in key areas where procurement activities can add value and/or reduce time and effort expended on non-strategic requirements to achieve continual improvement on the cost effectiveness of the procurement service and the team.
- Apply and enforce the use of Market Intelligence tools available in Company (Market, Suppliers, Cost Models, target prices)
- Optimize purchasing acts with emphasis on making savings for the Company. Savings must be duly recorded in the appropriate tools for divisional/Company appreciation.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Manage purchases with “moving” programs or in accordance with emergencies.
- Cooperate in terms of transversal relationship in managing unforeseen operational issues of immense impact.
- Familiarize self with COMPANY emergency procedures and report to the Domain Manager any incident, unsafe act or operation.
- Carry out Services safely according to COMPANY HSE procedures in such a manner to minimize / eliminate unsafe exposure to self or fellow workers
- On all the material purchases check what HSE implication is involved in terms of materials not being compliant with operational use, and vendors not compliant with HSE requirements.
- Ensure efficient Purchasing Services with the best possible mix of “delivery”, “quality” and “price/cost”.
- Continually improve procurement practices. Identify opportunities to enhance the supply chain.
- Train & assist team member.
- Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions, and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution.
- Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of H3SE plans
- Promote safety culture within Company by reporting of anomalies.
Services Personnel Profile
- A good Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences (preferably Supply Chain).
- 5 to 8 years Oil and Gas Industry experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Senior buyer or Senior Contract Engineer
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations
- Candidate’s ability to learn & be trained quickly on SAP/R3, SAP reporting tool and e-sourcing tool will be an added advantage.
- Requires a very good level of coordination, negotiation, interpersonal relationship, conviviality, capacity of anticipation, analysis, and synthesis.
Deadline: 7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.