Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Requisition ID: 2022202085
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Output 1 Lead
- The SFAO is a senior member of the project team and will be responsible for developing, overseeing and providing strategic leadership for administrative, operational, finance and contractual functions and be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with a diverse range of capabilities.
- The SAFO will support all financial, administrative, and operational activities under the project, ensuring they are implemented in a timely and results-focused manner, and in compliance with FHI 360 and DAI/FCDO requirements.
- Under the supervision of the PLANE Output 1 Lead, the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for accounting and finance records for FHI 360 as a sub-contractor and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of the PLANE project to provide professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate closely with OP1 Lead to lead financial, operational and contractual aspects of the project.
- Prepare project pipeline reports and analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Ensure efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures
- Collaborate with FHI 360’s country team, West Africa Middle East Regional Office (WAMERO) and headquarter-based staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the project team in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Interact regularly with project leadership and WAMERO to provide updates on the project finance and operations status and resolve any problems or issues associated with finance and operations.
- Work with operations as well as technical staff to ensure the correct procedures are followed in procurements and that actions are conducted in a highly efficient manner by promoting proper planning well in advance of upcoming activities.
- Oversee the process and ensure FHI 360 procurement policies are implemented as per the allocated financial thresholds.
- Ensuring all Finance and Procurement procedures are in line with FHI 360 rules and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of FCDO contractual requirements and regulations required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi-funding sources and general ledger skills. Also, budget monitoring and analysis skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status regularly.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high-volume workflow.
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying, and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 -5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE, or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
- FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This Includes taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles.
- FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and subrecipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.