Max Drive – We are a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa. We want to get people and goods to their destinations hitch-free. It is personal for us because we understand the frustration of epileptic transportation. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Portfolio Risk
Job Type: Full time
- We are experiencing unprecedented organizational growth and is seeking a Head of Credit Risk who will oversee the credit process that supports our mission-driven asset finance activities.
- The Head of Credit Risk will manage a team of credit, collections and recoveries professionals and be accountable for the credit process, approval, collections and recoveries; development of and compliance with credit policies and portfolio management standards, and the overall quality of the asset portfolio.
- The Head of Credit Risk will report to the CFO and serve as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Establishment of and adherence to a robust credit culture aligned with MAX’s purpose and mission.
- Leadership: effectively lead, manage and develop the credit teams by ensuring ensuring that staff are selected and trained to a competent level, providing sound leadership, coaching and motivation, ensuring direct reports provide their subordinate staff with the required level of leadership and coaching
- To coach and develop Credit Risk, Collections and Recoveries Specialists to demonstrate a commitment to high performance, personal accountability, and collaborative relationships.
- Credit process management including enhancing process effectiveness and increasing efficiency.
- Risk rating accuracy and asset loss reserve adequacy.
- Portfolio risk assessment, management and reporting.
- Credit policy development and compliance.
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of MAX’s Credit Control policies, procedures, reporting and systems (including compliance monitoring)
- Ensure debt recovery procedures are fully effective and all available recovery options are utilized to maximize recovery outcomes. Manage any ‘extreme’ credit control situations which are outside the authority levels of Credit control
- Develop and implement a Credit Risk Measurement Framework, which includes rating models (PD) and LGD/ EAD measurement.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the relevant stakeholders (including board, senior management, rating agencies, etc.).
- Contribute proactively to various credit risk related projects and initiatives, especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement and sourcing/management of data for these initiatives.
- Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space (e.g. Loan Management System) by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement.
- Develop and continuously review Group Credit Policy & Standards
- Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring frameworks are developed and implemented throughout the group in a standardized manner
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics or Management.
- Professional accounting certification desirable, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree.
- Risk management certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years risk management experience in a reputable organization with strong credit risk management skills, with experience at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- An individual with international experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of Credit analysis and policies.
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles.
- Good understanding of evolving regulatory guidelines in this space.
- Possess strong problem solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills).
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements.
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing system transitions smoothly.
- Able to source data/ perform periodic computations.
- Exposure to Collateral system implementation/management preferable
- Exposure to credit risk modelling is desirable.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of ERP packages and systems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, with excellent track record in embedding risk management within a Company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with and influence people at all levels.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Flexible work and hybrid working model
- Unrivaled Learning and Development