Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy that integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. We are solving the complex challenges facing businesses and societies all over the world. We also support clients in their digital transformation. Our role is important in the efficient functioning of society. We design, safeguard, and maintain the built environment – from infrastructure, mobility and buildings to energy, water supplies and industrial sites.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Data Centres)
What you will do as a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Data Centres):
- Mechanical engineering and design during all project phases according to client, national and international standards.
- Assess client/ project mechanical engineering requirements.
- Prepare concept design and objectively evaluate, both technically and commercially, different options based upon project objectives/requirements.
- Review and check designs and sign off drawings generated for Buildings, cleanrooms and Industrial type projects as and when required.
- Provide professional construction monitoring services related to mechanical systems including HVAC, fire, wet services, drainage, lifts, steam, medical gas and Oxygen.
- Provide guidance to the mechanical teams as and when required with respect to Buildings projects.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Management of multi-disciplinary projects from inception to close out.
- Liaison with and within a multi-disciplinary project team setting and with external stakeholders.
- Cost estimation of mechanical engineering scope of work, including equipment and construction costs.
- Preparation and management of specifications, schedules, estimates, progress reports, meeting agenda’s and minutes, and procurement issues.
- Budgetary and financial responsibility for projects.
- Maintain project records in accordance with internal quality system.
- Manage quality assurance by ensuring that contractors meet client requirements.
- Ensure that the works by the contractor adhere to the project design and specifications.
- Ensure that work is done in accordance with acceptable standards of both RHDHV and that of clients.
- Delivering quality for repeat work.
- Business Development and Client Liaison, targeting sales with key targets/outputs, i.e. private sector and good networks.
- Assist with proposals, expressions of interest and tendering.
- Drive the Digital Way of Working (DWoW) in line with international practices.
- Collaborate with local and international teams.
What you bring:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in cleanrooms and mechanical design
- Professional registration with COREN essential
- Project Management qualification and professional registration advantageous (PMP, PMI)
- Extensive experience in cleanrooms mechanical design and Industrial mechanical design.
- Extensive experience on buildings, industrial and cleanrooms type projects.
- Experience working within a team environment – particularly closely with BIM resources
- Solid fundamental knowledge and experience in the application of the methodologies and processes as described in PMBOK.
- Previous track record in successfully generating new business would be advantageous.
- An intimate knowledge of local standards and codes.
- Be able to develop engineering documentation from first principles.
- Be able to work within a disciplined engineering environment.
- An intimate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Access and Microsoft Project. (Advantage will be knowledge of BIM & Auto CAD)
- Experience with local Municipalities & DPW processes and systems would be advantageous
- Experience with Private Clients in terms of understating the Client’s SOW and deliverables
- Be well acquainted with local equipment, manufacturers, suppliers and installation contractors.
- A thorough knowledge of the OHS Act, pertinent SANS and IEC codes and standards and industry practices.
- An awareness and appreciation for health, safety and environmental issues.
- Experience with and supports Digital Way and Working, e.g. BIM22, Revit, CDE, and other platforms.
- Ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- Mature, client centric, deadline driven.
- Be well organized, systematic, logical, meticulous and target driven.
- Ability to handle pressure and delivery of targets; using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written at various levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Team Player.
- Leadership skills, motivated and disciplined (track record of leading teams)
- Dynamic, flexible approach and multi-tasking abilities.
- Problem solver.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Commercially astute with a strong marketing, growth and profit orientation.
- Results orientated and target driven.
What we offer you
- As worldwide engineering firm, we are ambitious, exciting, lively, collaborative and dynamic. We are making a difference to society and technological progress across the globe. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities to support your career path. Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated in our organization.