Media Trust Limited, owners of Daily Trust, Aminiya and Trust TV, is one of the leading players in the Nigerian media industry. We reach millions of people through our print, TV and digital platforms.
We are recruiting a talented, creative and editorially sound candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Producer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Online Editor
- The Social Media producer handles the social media and audience engagement of both Daily Trust contents across different platforms, reporting directly to the team lead and the Online editor.
- He/She distributes content and engages our readers on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and newer platforms.
- The ideal candidate should have some level of video editing skills and the ability to produce appealing visual content for different social media platforms.
- Work closely with online editors to share stories on social media platforms
- Uploads stories from the CMS.
- Identify, plan and execute data-driven, creative, measurable social media and community engagement activities.
- Create copies for paid and organic social media, banner ads, publicity materials, and e-newsletters to build an audience and drive engagement.
- Implement the membership engagement programmes for retention of current members and acquisition of new subscribers.
- Thorough understanding of social media journalism and the ability to create visually appealing content, including lives and other engaging formats.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse team – with editors, producers and other journalists.
- Thorough knowledge of the Nigerian media landscape and its challenges and prospects.
- Thorough knowledge of, and interest in, local, regional, and national as well as, where appropriate, international news and current affairs.
- The ability to work without supervision and under pressure, and deliver against tight deadlines.
- At least three-year experience in a newsroom setting.