GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Region Projects Portfolio Manager
Job ID: R3675135
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- As related customer equipment, facilities or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources for Sub-Saharan Africa. Owns/influences budgets and operating plans.
- The role is guided by operating policy. Works with cross functional teams. The role has autonomy within the operational area or a segment within a larger business unit.
- The role may have a major impact on a small business unit or Family within a Function or P&L. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the SSA Region in all execution matters within SSA being responsible for the successful execution for all types of project to time, cost and quality targets within the sub-region leading Teams based across EMEA.
- Represent the SSA OTR organization during ITO efforts with the development of detailed Project Execution Strategies.
- Exceed customer expectations, enhance customer relationships and assure business credibility and differentiation with employees, customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical knowledge to deliver excellence and drive continuous improvement and compliance.
- Ensure rigorous risk management processes are implemented to limit exposure and maximize project results for GPS.
- Build relationships with and leverage the Services organization within SSA
- Lead and develop the local projects execution organization.
- Liaise with local governmental authorities within SSA to support project execution
- Supports the Balance Of Plant procurement and Technical Direct Installation, Construction & Commissioning organizations to define and negotiate agreements with local supply chain to support extended scope projects within SSA.
- Ensure consistent application of GPS tools and processes applicable to the scope of projects being executed
- Drive process compliance and team seamless coordination between functions
- Manage and document projects lessons learned loop for assigned projects back to Engineering, Planning, Project Management, Procurement and ITO.
- Technical Degree from an accredited university or college.
- 10 years experience in leading the execution of complex infrastructure projects in challenging environments, preferably in EPC environment.
- Experience of Health and Safety leadership in challenging project environments
- Extensive experience in negotiation of complex construction contracts and sound commercial understanding of project feasibilities, market differentiators and the power business generally .
- Contract management experience.
- Operational rigor in a challenging environment.
- Financial acumen.
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Strong project management experience, including preferably in EPC environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the local market and customers.
- Drive to setup a strong organization and positively impact the region through entrepreneur mindset, stakeholder management / communication and influential skills, as well as resilience.
- Quality Environment Health & Safety skills.