The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is implementing a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project named sustainable programs for HIV epidemic control and equitable service delivery (SPEED) project which aims at Delivering Comprehensive and Sustainable HIV/AIDS Clinical and Community Services to achieve HIV epidemic control in sub-National units of Delta, Osun and Ekiti States in Nigeria under PEPFAR.
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health in the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH). Its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigerian government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country. In collaboration with the USG, NASCP is implementing a first phase of National Clinical Mentoring in the HIV programme in 19 Nigerian States for improved HIV service delivery.
ECEWS in collaboration with SASCP is recruiting qualified persons in to fill the position necessary for program implementation in the capacity below:
Job Title: State Clinical Mentor (SCM)
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The candidate must be domiciled in the state and be conversant with the terrain.
- S/He is expected to build the capacity of frontline Healthcare workers to provide quality HIV clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care in both public and private facilities as well as in communities.
- Provide on-site clinical training to health care workers on HIV treatment according to the national guidelines, including adult and pediatric ART and the treatment of tuberculosis and other opportunistic diseases.
- Provide training through clinical consultation, assisting local health care workers to identify key bottlenecks affecting patients’ access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) and helping them with direct patient care as needed
- Provide continuous medical education (CME), which may include didactic training sessions to health professionals, as needed. All training will be in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Provide health worker capacity building sessions using various methodologies (including use of project ECHO, low bandwidth video conferencing).
- Assist as requested with facilitating sessions on the weekly ECHO video-conferencing sessions with health workers from various sites in the states
- Develop standard operating procedures for the provision of HIV clinical care at the health facility in collaboration with the Ministry of health and other stakeholders. This may include troubleshooting problems with the patient flow, tracking defaulters, or clarifying referral pathways by developing appropriate algorithms
- Submit a monthly report on training and technical assistance activities, as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening services in the health facility and compliance with the national treatment guidelines
- Perform other duties related to clinical mentoring as assigned.
- Must possess a Degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent). Post graduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- 2-3 years’ experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care program. Experience in the provision of HIV clinical training
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage
- Good knowledge of current trends (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery.
Required Competencies / Skills:
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds – Ability to apply problem-solving skills to ongoing challenge.
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Sensitivity to different cultural working environments
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and write reports
- Capacity to operate both as a team player in large diverse teams as well as individually.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in the computers and software/applications such as presentation software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” through: [email protected] using Your Full Name, Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.