The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – Logistics
Location: Akwa Ibom
Level of Effort: Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
- Technical Advisor-Logistics will manage the overall activities related to the procurement of materials, services, and equipment required by the Project.
- S/he will be accountable for ensuring full compliance with donor and ECEWS regulations and protocols regarding procurement.
- S/he will coordinate closely with the operations, finance, and technical teams to develop and implement a procurement plan in a timely and efficient manner.
- S/he will also assist with monitoring departmental costs, schedules, and performance to ensure approval and payment of transactions and deliveries.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- B.Sc in Business or relevant field with 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 – 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO); donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USG procurement a plus)
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures relating to budgets and contracts.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs, including familiarity with USAID procurement requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in logistics.
- General understanding of organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: [email protected] using your full names, the position of interest with preferred location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.